Benefits of Marma Therapy
- Marma can be explained as energy points that are located at sites richly supplied by nerves and blood vessels.
- Treatment often restores balance to the autonomic nervous system, harmonizing sympathetic and parasympathetic functions.
- Stimulating points can release endorphins and neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and melatonin) in the brain that results in pain modulation and mode enhancement.
- Stimulating points can have a therapeutic effect locally as well as the distally point. This may be due to the transmission of neural impulses along nerve pathways to the brain, and from the brain to the organ or area of the body being treated.
What to Expect in a Session
- After scheduling your appointment our instructor Jordan will contact you to discuss your goals for yoga and what health concerns you would like to address through marmamani.
- During your session, you will be guided through your personalized yoga practice.
- Through the practice, Jordan will apply pressure to necessary marma points on the body while you relax in yoga poses.
- At the end of your practice, you will rest in a 20-30 minute savasana (a resting pose on your back) while Jordan offers whole body marma point massage using recommended essential oils.
Learn more about our Marma Therapy Practitioner: