Akal Dev has been a Certified Healing Touch Practitioner since 2000, a life-long practitioner of yoga, and is a classically-trained professional flutist with an active performing career. She had a vision in 1995 which showed her that she was being called to integrate her passion for music with the healing arts.
Having seen first-hand the power of Healing Touch, Akal Dev believes that it will soon be as mainstream as chiropractic, massage, and acupuncture.
Education and Credentials:
- B.A. in English, City College of New York
- B. Mus. in flute with highest honors, New England Conservatory
- M. Mus. in flute with honors in theory, New England Conservatory
- Artist's Diploma in flute, New England Conservatory
- Fullbright Fellowship and "Debussy" Scholarship of the Alliance Francaise for study in France
- Yoga practitioner since 1971, instructor since 1978
- Certified Healing Touch Practitioner since 2003; in practice since 2000
What is Healing Touch?:
Healing Touch is a hands-on energy healing modality that was created in the late 80's by Janet Mentgen, R.N. Healing Touch balances the chakras (energy centers) and the layers of the energy field surrounding the physical body. It has been demonstrated to aid in the healing of multiple ailments and injuries. The practitioner uses the hands, both on and off the body, while the client remains fully clothed on a table. This work has been shown to be effective at a distance as well.
A yoga practice can help you:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase strength, balance, and flexibility
- Improve brain function
- Increase energy
- Regulate hormones and balance blood sugar
- Reduce pain
- Promote restful sleep
- Create a sense of calm and peace of mind