Nia’s path of practice in massage/bodywork therapy and herbal alchemy includes over 20 years of experience. With the richness of this work, she is eager to continue for the next 20 years. Seeded with deep knowledge of and experience in massage coupled with intuition, Nia aims to address the client’s body-soul- spirit “whole self.” She integrates Deep Tissue Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Cupping and Polarity Energetics into each individual’s treatment as needed. There is much truth to the saying “Our issues are in our tissues.” Throughout our lives, we experience trials and traumas that can be held in our bodies. The pressures of life can slowly creep in and cause discomfort; most commonly neck, back and foot pain. Nia specializes in pain relief and trauma recovery treatments to aid in the release of chronic/acute conditions. As a mother with Doula training Nia carries a special place in her heart for pregnancy and postnatal massage. Her training experience allows her to address the richness of pregnancy and birth and the struggles associated with it such as hormonal changes and common physical discomforts. Recognizing that each woman’s experience with pregnancy is unique, she honors and addresses the needs of the mother-to- be with great sensitivity and compassion.
Fortunate to live in one of the oldest mountain chains in the world, the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, Nia is able to fill her deep passion and love for plants. She has spent over 20 years in the study of botanicals and herbal alchemy and the High Country landscape is a natural pharmacy. Utilizing the gifts of the earth she creates her Vital Being Herbal Alchemy formulas. In harvesting and preparing the medicinals she honors the planetary forces to receive the complete plant signature and aims to address the core cause of disease by incorporating botanical formulas to balance the physical and energetic systems. Her formulas contain herbal infusions, essential oils, hydrosols,flower essences and vibrational remedies.
Nia offers Nature Cure Herbal Medicated “spa” treatments which date back to the ancient times of India and Egypt.
Nia specializes in these types of massage:
- Pre & Post Natal Massage
- Skin Hydration
- Energetic Balancing
- Beauty & Relaxation
Treatment of pain associated with:
- Neck, shoulders & feet
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Chronic Fatigue
- Digestion Issues
- Trauma Recovery
- Chronic & Acute Pain
Personal Formulas Included with each session.
Nia also provides services in:
- Energetically Enhanced Aromatherapy
- Sound Therapy
- Herbal Detox
- Ionic Foot Detox
- Scrubs and Herbal Body Wraps
NEW! Aromatherapy Immune Support/ Chakra Balancing (Raindrop Therapy)
1Hr Session $95 1.5Hr Session $125
- Essential oils
- Bioenergetic botanicals
- Vibrational frequencies remedies
For more information about this treatment please call 828-964-5853
Herbal Infusion Wraps - featuring Vital Being Apothecary
Choose from an array of formulas for your personal wellbeing.
*Relaxation & Beauty Wrap
*Pain Relief (addressing arthritis & chronic pain)
*Personalized formulas available
*Infusion wraps contain botanicals, essential oils, and vibrational remedies
- Core Synchronism - Asheville, NC: present Melisa Autin NTS
- New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics: 1998- Concentration in Swedish, Shiatsu, Pregnancy & Infant Massage, Polarity, Neuromuscular, Anatomy & Physiology, Homeopathic first aid, Herbology, Flower Essence Therapy, Reflexology, Counseling, Theory of Nature Cure, Aromatherapy.
- Natural Therapeutic Specialist
- African Dance & Drums, Albuquerque NM. Asheville, NC. 2000- Present
- Hindustani Vocal Traning, 1998- Present
- Apprenticeship- with Natural Therapeutic Specialist, Carbondale IL, 1996- Studied polarity, color therapy, magnetic therapy & crystal layouts.
- Music Therapy- Arcata, CA, 1995, Studied integrating physical, emotional & spiritual healing through music to create relaxation, pain relief, chakra balancing.
- Illinois State University, Normal IL, 1993 Studied Music Therapy & Opera
- Columbia Collage, Chicago IL, 1990-1992 Studied Opera & Movement Therapy
Integrative Massage Practice, Asheville NC, 1999
Apprenticeship with licensed Holistic Practitioner, Carbondale IL, 1996- Work included, assistant teaching polarity, treating clients, developing and expanding treatments
Doula Traning, La Matrona, Asheville NC 1998-1999
Ongoing workshops in Energetics- Herbology- Alchemy